Study Reveals Most Popular Times of Year for Break-Ups [INFOGRAPHIC]
Facebook tells us a lot (sometimes too much) about our friends and acquaintances, but writer and designer David McCandless has taken that concept to a whole new level to provide us with some fascinating information about how we end our romantic relationships.
McCandless recently hosted a TED talk in which he referenced a data set about Facebook and break-ups where he studied over 10,000 status updates to learn when and why people end their romantic relationships.
BuzzFeed pulled some McCandless’ most interesting points:
- A big peak right before Spring Break
- Most breakups are announced on Mondays
- People like to start the summer being single
- A big peak right before Christmas
- The lowest day throughout the whole year is Christmas Day