Stay Skinny While Celebrating!
The holidays are about getting together, being joyous, and finally getting a chance to wear that LBD. Yet, a majority face the issue of actually fitting into that little black dress after their first round of parties, finger food, and peppermint schnapps. To avoid the bulge this holiday season and not use your own body fat as your source of warmth, follow these tips and tricks:
- Avoid eating with your fingers, use a fork and plate instead
- Drink a tall glass of room temperature water 20 minutes before you leave for a party as well as once you arrive–you’ll feel fuller and will be less likely to chow down impulsively
- Eat protein such as meat and eggs at the start of your meal, you’ll feel full faster and will be less likely to over eat
- If you drink alcohol, avoid the obvious sugary mixers and juice additives, and try alternating alcoholic drinks with non-alcoholic drinks to spare calories in between
- Wear tight clothes! You’ll be more conscious of what you put in your mouth
- If you plan on cooking for a party or bringing a dish, chew gum while cooking to avoid sneaking a bite here and there which add up
- Cut back on the amount of sauces, sides, seasonings you add to your dish
- Be picky! If you don’t absolutely love how it taste’s, then don’t eat it!
- Be social, talking and moving from person to person helps keep your metabolism going