Feed Your Oscars Party with Wolfgang Puck’s Prime Mini Burgers
Celebrity chef Wolfgang Puck called into “On Air with Ryan Seacrest” Friday to talk about what he’ll feed Hollywood’s biggest stars at Sunday’s 83rd Annual Academy Awards. Puck also offered up a recipe for a mini burger perfect for parties watching the awards show from home. Check out the delicious recipe below!
Prime Mini Burgers with Cheddar Cheese and Remoulade
Recipe courtesy of Wolfgang Puck | Yield: 12 Mini Burgers
– 3/4 pound prime ground beef, such as Kobe-style
– Pinch of kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
– 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
– 12 small slices of cheddar cheese
– 12 mini sesame brioche buns
– Remoulade (recipe below)
– Arugula leaves
– 6 cherry tomatoes, sliced
– 3 cornichons, sliced
1. Preheat grill or grill pan.
2. Put the ground beef in a bowl and season with a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Mix together with
your hands to combine. Take a small amount (about 2 tablespoons worth) of the ground beef and roll it
in the palm of your hand like you are making meatballs. Flatten the top slightly and put the mini burger patties
on a side plate. Drizzle the burgers with oil and season the tops with salt and pepper. Turn the burgers over
and season the other side.
3. Place the burgers on the hot grill. Cook for 3 minutes, then turn them over with tongs. Place slices of cheddar cheese on top of the burgers, allowing it to melt. While that’s cooking, put the buns on the grill. Let them toast slightly on both sides, about 2 minutes total time.
4. To put the burgers together: Put the toasted buns on a platter. Top each with a small spoonful of Remoulade.
5. Put the burger on top (cheese side up), followed by an arugula leaf, a slice of tomato and a slice of cornichon.
Remoulade | Yield: 1 cup
Combine 3/4 cup of store-bought or home made Thousand Island dressing