15 Football Phrases to Survive Super Bowl Sunday [LIST]
Super Bowl Sunday is just around the corner and with everybody going to parties this weekend, a lot of you probably know absolutely nothing about the high contact sport. If this unfortunately sounds like you and you don’t want to look like you don’t know anything about football, not to fear!
We came up with these phrases that make you look like an expert and most importantly, these phrases work on virtually any play at any point in the game:
- This game will be won or lost on the line.
- It’s a game of inches…
- Holding! Where’s the flag? Did you see that hold?
- That could cost them later in the game!
- They’re not playing to win…they’re playing “not to lose”
- It’s all about turnovers and clock management.
- I gotta see a replay on that one.
- Throw the challenge flag!
- Come on, Ref…let ‘em play!
- Oh…he had a guy WIDE OPEN!
- Big play right here…
- That score is not gonna hold up.
- Gut check time!
- They’re gonna ice the kicker.
- It’s not over ‘til it’s over.