Watch All The Amazing Solo Performances From Wednesday’s ‘Idol’ [VIDEOS]
Ryan Seacrest and the producers of “American Idol” packed a lot of action into Wednesday night’s episode! Before we get to the good stuff–final solos!– let’s wrap up all the drama from last Thursday’s dramatic Group Night episode:
- The Bettys absolutely bombed. We’ll never know if it was the lack of sleep or the sheer amount of fighting that ruined this group.
- Kyle Crews couldn’t hold it together on stage, but endlessly bossy Brielle von Hugel went on ahead without him.
- The Idol Bug totally ruined “Make You Believers,” and Mathenee was the only one to make it through.
- Alisha Bernhardt’s team bombed as well, despite some cheesy faces on her part.
- Ariel (16), Eben (15), Gabi (17), David (17) and Jeremy (19) rocked the house regardless of their young ages.
- Johnny Keyser was there to catch group member Imani both times she fainted and was the only group member to survive the round.
- Symone Black, who took her own fall last Wednesday right off the stage, made her last appearance Wednesday.
- MIT didn’t do that well, but each guy had performed well enough in the past to make it through.
With the group round officially over and the Idol Bug seemingly gone for now, the judges had the daunting task of watching all remaining 98 contestants perform individually. Let’s learn some of their names before they either get cut or make it big!
Joshua Ledet (19) sang Christina Perri‘s “Jar Of Hearts” (above) and gave the whole audience goosebumps. Whereas, we were a bit disappointed with Colton Dixon‘s version of Daughtry‘s “What About Now” (below). Also what happened to annunciation? Phillip Phillips slurred some of his words, but he’s got the soul to pull it off. It was good to see him with his guitar again!
Jen Hirsh (25) blew everybody away with her explosive version of “Georgia On My Mind.” New dad Adam Brock took on the same song and gave it a nice edge, but Jen’s rendition was excellent, in our opinion. Quick thinker Reed Grimm had to throw together something last minute, and he too performed the same song while playing the drums, sans rehearsal! Although it seemed like he might have considered going home, we’re glad he stuck around.
Creighton Fraker and Shannon Magrane both sang “What A Wonderful World” and we simply cannot pick which version we liked better. Both had passion and a perfect pitch, so as long as it’s the judges job to decide, we’re going to stay neutral.
Jane Carrey Moves Past ‘Idol’ Elimination [AUDIO]
Country singer Skylar Laine (17) nailed her performance of “You Lie” by The Band Perry, but 26-year-old mother and fellow country songstress Rachelle Lamb had a bumpy start. She supposedly scratched up her voice while jamming with Steven Tyler earlier and of all the solo performances we saw tonight, Rachelle was the only performer sent home on Wednesday
There were 4 rooms of nervous singers, but JLo, Randy and Steven only sent one room home. About 75 contestants will be heading to Las Vegas tomorrow to compete in what looks like the most insane elimination round Idol has ever had– new groups form, sing in costume, stand on a big staircase and yet another hopeful passes out cold. People need to remember, health first!
Check back in tomorrow night to discuss all the Idol craziness. Until then, let us know in the comments who you were most excited to see put through– or who you were saddest to see go.