Watch Jessica Sanchez & Phillip Phillips’ Top 5 ‘American Idol’ Performances [VIDEOS]
Before the “American Idol” winner is named tonight, take a look at five of our favorite performances from the final two contenders .
5. Before making the top 10, Phillip impressed the judges with his stage presence and rendition of “Hard To Handle” by The Black Keys.
4. Phillip’s young fans may not have recognized his song choice during the top nine performance show. Nonetheless, Phillip made “Still Rainin‘” by Jonny Lang his own rock n’ roll masterpiece.
3. Showing his diversity, Phillip slowed things down with an original performance of Usher’s “U Got It Bad.” The ladies swooned as the 20-year-old stood on stage playing his guitar.
2. Halfway through the competition, Phillip got the entire audience on their feet, including Jennifer Lopez, with his performance of Queen’s “Fat Bottomed Girls.”
1. The week before the finals, Phillip was able to impress the judges with each of his three performances. The one that most captivated America and the judges, however, was his rendition of Bob Segar’s “We’ve Got Tonight.” After the beautiful performance, there wasn’t a doubt that Phillip deserved a spot in the final two.
5. Jessica’s performance during the top 11 show had heads turning as she grooved to one of Gloria Estefan’s greatest hits.
4. Just when one Whitney Houston song was difficult enough in week one, Jessica did it again with “How Will I Know” during the top eight performance night. Beginning her performance directly in the audience, Jessica sang loud and proud and proved once again, she has a big, powerful voice.
3. One week after being saved from the judges, Jessica proved why she still deserves a spot in the competition with her rendition of Alicia Key’s“Fallin.'”
2. With only six contestants remaining, Jessica delivered an emotional performance of “Dance With My Father” by Luther Vandross.
1. With so much at stake before finale week, Jessica took a huge risk by performing a smash hit from Aerosmith. It proved to pay off because even Steven Tyler thought her version of “I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing” was more than good but great.