Facebook Reacts to Ryan Lochte Peeing In Olympic Pools
Surprisingly, one of the top Olympic stories from this past week had nothing to do with winning a gold medal, but making a stunning confession.
In an interview “On Air” with our own Ryan Seacrest, swimming champion Ryan Lochte admitted to letting go of more than just nerves in the swimming pool. When asked if any of the athletes pee in the Olympic pool, Ryan replied, “Of course. I think there’s just something about getting into chlorine water that you just automatically go. [I didn't] during the races, but I sure did in warm-up.”
The internet blew up with articles and commentary on Ryan’s statement, including on our own Facebook page. We asked you if you would still want to swim with Ryan after his admission, and here are some of the funniest responses we received.
- ”Wow I thought he was American and not you’re-a-pee-an.” — Tas Chiampas
- “What do you expect him to do? Ask for a potty break?” — Amanda Ramón
- “Just leaving his mark. Nothing wrong with that.” — Danielle DuCharme
- “If YOU were swimming for the Gold you’d let it fly too.” — Jamie Lyn Davis
- “Mr. likes the warm currents…” — Carmen Martinez
Feel free to share more of your thoughts on these statements—and Ryan’s—below.