5 Pieces of Dating Advice From ‘The Millionaire Matchmaker’ Patti Stanger
The world of dating is a scary one, and it’s hard to figure out all by yourself. Luckily, “The Millionaire Matchmaker” Patti Stanger called into “On Air with Ryan Seacrest” to help navigate the dating scene!
Patti has recently lost 30 pounds using Sensa, a product that you sprinkle on your food to trick your brain into telling you you’re full. “If I’m gonna talk the talk, I have to walk the walk,” says Patti who shows girls every day how to find their man. Here were her top 5 pieces of advice for finding love:
1. The Handshake: “Be firm if you’re a girl shaking hands, and guys be firm back! It tells us how strong you are internally. Our parents taught us to shake firm, so when you do the wimpy thing, we think you’re hitting for the other team.”
2. On Dating At Work: “I don’t think you can do the corporate rule like, you can’t date this person. You just have to know the side effects, because if it goes south you might not want to work there any more. It can really blow up in your face so you have to be 100 percent clear. Make that person your friend first, you have to build a foundation.”
3. On Compromising: “If a man can’t hear you when you say what you want, in the nice sweet tone that you use talking to him, you need a therapist. Someone who doesn’t take either side that says ‘these are the rules and the guidelines’ because it can not be all or nothing. You’re going to be resentful and leave.”
4. On How Long To Wait For A Proposal: “One year. Four seasons must pass. You don’t have to be nasty, you can just say ‘listen we’re not on the same page, I need to find someone more marriage-minded.’ You can’t go on the same course you’ve been driving, that’s insanity.”
5. On How To Get Your Man To Take Your Relationship More Seriously: “You have to stop doing things for him that he takes for granted; show him what life would be like without you. If you do his laundry, stop. If you cook dinner for him, stop. You can say ‘I can leave at any time, we’re not married, this is California,’ [you don't want him to] take you for granted.”
You can buy Patti’s book “Become Your Own Matchmaker” on Amazon.com.