E!’s Ken Baker on Cory Monteith’s Heroin and Alcohol Overdose


An autopsy and toxicity screening has revealed that late Glee star Cory Monteith died of an overdose.

The 31-year-old actor, who was found dead Saturday in his room at the Fairmont Pacific Rim hotel in downtown Vancouver, had “heroin and alcohol in his system and it was the toxic blend of both those that ultimately proved fatal for him,” E!’s Ken Baker confirms to On Air with Ryan Seacrest.

“The police that I’ve spoken to that are involved with the investigation over the last couple days said when they entered the hotel it was very obvious they had found substances in the room and now if we connect the dots it wouldn’t be too much of stretch to assume those substances may in fact have been heroin.”

However, what’s unknown is whether Cory, who entered rehab last April, had a past battle with heroin or not.

Remembering Cory Monteith: His 10 Best Glee Performances

“At the time [of rehab] it was just for addiction issues…we couldn’t confirm what kind of drugs he was on,” Ken adds. “I can’t say use of heroin was something that he had done before or whether this was a first time thing.”

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Cory’s family.