10 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Scotty McCreery
You probably know him as the American Idol Season 10 winner, and you can undoubtedly distinguish his deep, country voice from other musicians in the industry.
After Scotty McCreery made his big debut on Idol, the 20-year-old singer has become one of country music’s hottest stars in only two short years.
In 2011, Scotty released his debut album Clear as Day, which became his first platinum record, selling over 1 million copies. Today, he’s releasing his follow-up album, See You Tonight, which you can purchase on iTunes by clicking here.
In honor of his new album, here are 10 exclusive facts you didn’t know about Scotty McCreery:
1. His first car was a Toyota 4Runner.
2. His first dog was a boxer named Lucy.
3. One of the first guitar solos he learned at age 11 was Tim McGraw’s “Live Like U Were Dying.” Scotty later sang the song with Tim on the Idol finale.
4. Scotty and American Idol alum Chris Daughtry both have family from Halifax County, North Carolina.
5. He wanted to be a football kicker.
6. He is very good at skeet shooting.
7. He used to hide rice Krispy treats in his bedroom.
8. He will only eat White House apple sauce.
9. He was a huge baby and weighed 30 pounds at his one-year checkup.
10. He talked to Interscope Records producers about singing “Charlie Wilson” on the show.