The 10 Photos You Must See of Prince George’s Royal Christening
Prince George‘s big day is finally here!
Prince William and Kate Middleton‘s 3-month-old son was christened on Wednesday at the Chapel Royal in St. James’ Palace. The adorable baby boy was dressed in a beautiful silk replica of the royal christening robe made by the Queen’s dressmaker, Angela Kelly.
Kate of course stole the show once again in an elegant Alexander McQueen ruffled jacket in a color that matched George’s, while William looked dashing in a navy blue suit.
Kate’s parents, Michael and Carole Middleton, arrived with her siblings Pippa and James. William’s brother, Prince Harry, came with his grandmother, Queen Elizabeth II, father, Prince Charles and step-mother, Camilla Parker Bowles.
Hours before the christening, the names of George’s seven godparents were released:
1. Oliver Baker, who attended the University of St. Andrews with William and Kate.
2. Emilia Jardine-Paterson, an old friend who initially introduced William and Kate to one another.
3. Earl “Hugh” Grosvenor, the son of the Duke of Westminster.
4. Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton, who served as a private secretary to William, Kate, and Harry from 2005-2012 and currently serves part-time.
5. Julia Samuel, who was a close friend of William’s late mother, Princess Diana.
6. Zara Tindall, William’s cousin, granddaughter to the Queen, and daughter of Princess Anne. She married rugby star Mike Tindall in 2011 and is pregnant with her first child.
7. William van Cutsem, a childhood friend of William’s whose father, Hugh van Cutsem (who passed last week), was a close friend of Prince Charles. Prince William is also the godparent to his friend William’s daughter, Grace.