YouTube Star Bethany Mota to Release First Single: 5 Reasons Why We’re Excited
Her digital content, which gained instant momentum after her first vlog in 2009, has now paved the way for many other firsts: She became the first-ever small screen celebrity to cover Seventeen magazine, the first YouTuber to be featured on Dancing With the Stars, and now her first single “Need You Right Now,” is slated to drop next week.
The song, which features A cappella music producer Mike Tompkins, will be available for download everywhere on Monday, October 13. Those who purchase the track will receive a discount on her new collection with Aeropostale that launches on October 18.
Here are 5 reasons why we’re excited about Bethany’s single:
1. She uses her celebrity to spread positive messages
On Monday’s episode of Dancing With the Stars, she dedicated her rumba dance with partner Derek Hough to spread her anti-bullying message. The 18-year-old’s single could very well be a lyrical piece tinged with a feel-good vibe.
2. If she makes a music video for her single, she can use some of her fancy footwork
3. Speaking of a potential music video, can you imagine how amazing her outfits would be?
4. Her song annoucement is no surprise. After all, she’s already flaunted her pitch-perfect singing voice in her vlogs
5. If her single is a rap song, she’ll most definitely rip through the verses
Case and point, check out her rendition of Nicki Minaj‘s “Super Bass” above.