Ryan Seacrest Productions Internship Program – Summer 2014
The RSP Internship Program is designed to provide students with hands-on/practical exposure to the television/entertainment industry with a focus on the Digital Media space. With this in mind, managers are advised to delegate a diversified selection of assignments with an emphasis on projects, rather than clerical tasks. Additionally, the program serves as a way of providing RSP with an array of highly-talented and qualified students eager to apply their skills in assisting with special projects related to Red Carpet events and Unscripted Television Development.
DIGITAL MEDIA INTERNSHIP
Digital Media Interns learn how to pitch, develop, and produce blogs for RyanSeacrest.com on a variety of pop culture topics related to our brand (television, radio, music etc.). Students also learn about social media and other elements important to the digital medium.
This hands-on internship provides a valuable learning experience for students interested in the entertainment industry. Students leave with greater writing and editorial skills useful for future careers.
This is intended to be a developmental experience, and as such, managers provide constructive guidance throughout the program.
Required Skills / Experience:
- Students must be currently enrolled in a full-time accredited college or university and eligible to earn college credit.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must have excellent communication skills and a strong passion for the pop culture genre, including all things television, film, celebrity, red carpet, music, and digital.
- Studies focusing on journalism, broadcast journalism, and/or creative writing a plus.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, previous experience in WordPress and/or Photoshop a plus
Interested candidates can apply by sending a cover letter and resume with the subject line Digital Media Internship – Summer 2014 to: email@example.com
SOCIAL MEDIA INTERNSHIP
RSP Social Media Intern will work on our various digital platforms in radio and television. This internship will learn under our social media team on the community management of Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, YouTube, Vine, Pinterest and RyanSeacrest.com. The intern will assist in development of social media content for On Air with Ryan Seacrest, Keeping Up with the Kardashians, Shahs of Sunset, Mixology and other RSP programming. The intern will learn how to pitch, research and promote social content and RyanSeacrest.com stories. The intern will learn how to manage a content calendar and produce videos for YouTube including researching and writing prep for interviews with artists and web celebs.
Required Skills / Experience:
- Must have strong passion for and an extraordinary large knowledge base in celebrity, pop culture, and music news and how it’s shared across social media.
- Familiarity with the management of a Facebook and YouTube page
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- The need to be curious & know how to think outside the box. Need to also be a self-starter.
- Proficiency in Photoshop is a must
Interested candidates can apply by sending a cover letter and resume with the subject line Social Media Internship – Summer 2014 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also include:
- List your favorite social media handles to follow
- List the websites you visit for entertainment news
Ryan Seacrest Productions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.